Building Healthy Habits for Radiant Skin
Caring for your skin in your 20s is crucial for maintaining a healthy and radiant complexion in the long run. Even if your skin looks beautiful and vibrant right now, it’s important to establish a consistent skincare routine. This decade is focused on prevention, specifically tailored to skincare in your 20s. Good habits created now will minimize aging and environmental impacts on your skin to help you maintain a youthful glow in the future.
If you’ve struggled with acne or textured skin in your teens, this is also a great time to address those concerns. Changes and discoveries in the medical world have given us treatments and products to help treat acne and minimize the appearance of scars caused by acne.
Skincare in Your 20s Essential Practices:
- Daily Cleansing: Use a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, makeup, and impurities. Cleansing twice a day helps maintain clear pores and a fresh complexion.
- Product favorites include: GlyMed+ Mega Cream Cleanser
- Moisturize Regularly: Hydration is key, even for those with oily skin. Choose a lightweight moisturizer to keep your skin balanced and prevent excessive oil production.
- Product favorites include: SkinBetter Trio Rebalancing Moisture
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen is your best defense against premature aging and skin damage. Apply a broad-spectrum SPF of at least 30 every morning, during every season, even on cloudy days. During the summer months or days you spend a lot of time outside, be sure to reapply your sunscreen. We also recommend using a mineral-based sunscreen since they provide a physical barrier to UVA and UVB rays.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Maintain a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Stay hydrated, get enough sleep, and manage stress to promote overall skin health.
- Avoid Smoking and Excessive Alcohol: Both smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can accelerate skin aging and contribute to various skin issues. Quitting smoking and moderating alcohol intake can have positive effects on your skin.
Medspa Treatments for Healthy Skincare in Your 20s:
- HydraFacials: HydraFacials are popular for all ages and are our most relaxing treatment. Your skin benefits from a HydraFacial through deep cleaning, hydration boost, serums and peptides to reduce fine lines, and more. HydraFacials are highly customizable for skincare types.
- Laser Hair Removal: Stop plucking, waxing, shaving, and threading. Laser hair removal is a good investment in your 20s for any area on your body where there’s unwanted hair. Popular treatment areas include the upper lip and chin, underarms, bikini line, and legs.
- Acne scar treatment: Depending on the severity of your acne scars, there are a variety of treatment options from chemical peels to microneedling to laser skin resurfacing. Your aesthetician can help you determine the right course of action.
- Injectables including dermal fillers: Lip fillers are especially popular for women in their 20s. Our injectors are highly-skilled at injecting just the right amount of filler to give your lips that plump look without looking overfilled. Dermal fillers can also be used in other areas throughout your face to do minor sculpting.
Quick links to our blog series Skincare Self-Care: Navigating the Ages
|Skincare Goals in 2024 with Expert Guidance
|Thriving Skin: Elevating Your 30s Skincare Journey with Expert Guidance
|Age with Grace: Caring for Your Skin in Your 40s
Before considering any medical spa treatments, it’s crucial to have a thorough consultation to ensure the chosen treatments are suitable for your skin type and address your specific concerns. Always prioritize the health and well-being of your skin, and remember that consistency is key in maintaining a youthful and vibrant complexion.
Schedule your FREE Skincare Consultation
Meet with one of our aestheticians for your free skincare consultation where you can create a plan to tackle skincare concerns. During your consultation, our aestheticians can also work with you to determine which products or treatments you may need.
Now Extended!! Until the end of
February March 2024, receive 10% off any med spa treatments you book during your skincare consultation to occur in the following 6 months.*
*Conditions apply. 10% discount cannot be applied to packages, which are already discounted. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. To receive this offer, appointments for future treatments must be made during your skincare consultation.