Laser Hair Removal
The Medical Spa at Center for Plastic Surgery Ann Arbor offers the most up-to-date and effective technology for laser hair removal on the market. Triton Laser Hair Removal by InMode is the only hair removal option that combines the three most popular wavelengths in one platform, using Fusion Technology, for permanent results on skin types up to VI.
Our expertly trained team of hair-removal specialists can help you permanently reduce unwanted hair on your body or face-for a difference you can see and feel!
Here are just a few reasons our patients love laser hair removal:
- Treats most skin types.
- Treats most hair colors. Only hairs darker than the skin in the area to be treated will be effectively removed. White hair will not respond to treatment. Light blonde or light red hair may not respond to treatment but, dark blonde or dark red hair may have a good response to treatment.
- Maximum patient safety and comfort.
- Trained, certified professionals
Triton Laser Hair Removal’s mosaic combination of wavelengths addresses hair removal at different stages of the hair growth cycle. This means that deep hairs can be treated at the same time as newly emerging follicles. Thus, patients can see greater results in fewer sessions.
Laser hair removal can help you significantly decrease hair from the following areas:
- Face: Upper lip, between the eyebrows, chin, jaw, sideburns, or neck
- Torso: Underarms, chest, décolleté, abdomen, shoulders, back, or bikini area
- Extremities: Legs, thighs, arms, hands, fingers, or toes
Laser hair removal provides a safe, efficient, effective alternative for significantly reducing unwanted hair and revealing beautiful, smooth skin underneath.
Hair removal with laser technology involves using focused light energy to penetrate the hair shaft, destroy the hair root, and damage the follicle. Most laser hair removal treatments in our office take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. For optimal results, patients typically require a series of six treatments completed six to ten weeks apart.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Women and men of all ages choose to have laser hair removal to permanently reduce excessive or unwanted hair on their face or body. Millions of patients safely undergo these treatments each year in the United States alone.
During your consultation for laser hair removal, our Medical Spa team will help you determine whether this is the right procedure to meet your goals.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
It is important to be prepared before you arrive at your appointment for laser hair removal. When you contact our medical spa for the appointment, you will be given instructions to help prepare your skin for the procedure.
4 Weeks Before
- Avoid the sun and/or a tanning bed and sunless tanning lotions for about four weeks before the appointment.
- Do not wax or tweeze the area being treated as it can disturb the hair follicles that you want removed with the laser.
1 Week Before
- Make sure you are not taking any medications that cause light sensitivity prior to each treatment and avoid the use of topical medications that cause light sensitivity on the area being treated ie the face.
24 Hours Before
- Shave all areas desired to be treated.
What Else Should I Know About Laser Hair Removal?
- Patients may need touch-up treatments to maintain results.
- Common side effects immediately following the procedure include redness and minor irritation, but both should subside in a day or two.
- You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
Your Next Step
At Center for Plastic Surgery Ann Arbor, we look forward to helping you achieve your aesthetic goals. Please request your consultation with our easy-to-use online form or call our office at
(734) 712-2323 to schedule your visit.
The CenterBirthday Club
Special savings during your birthday month. Come celebrate with us!
Join the Club
Shop OurSkincare Store
Order your skin care products online today!